Did you know that May is Leave A Legacy Month? What does this mean? It means that May is a time to think about writing your Will, if you haven’t already, or reviewing it, if you have.
The Foundation is hosting a number of information sessions in Library branches across the city during the month of May on Wills and Estate Planning. Find out more about writing your will, about executors and about how you can maximize your legacy to those you care about.
Click here to find a session at a branch close to you or click here for more information on the Leave A Legacy 2013 Information Series at the Toronto Reference Library hosted by the Canadian Association of Gift Planners, GTA RoundTable in partnership with the Toronto Public Library Foundation.
Did you know that you could leave a bequest in your Will to the Library. If you have any questions about leaving a bequest to the Library please contact Liza Fernandes, Associate Director, Community and Legacy Gifts by phone 416-397-5924, by email.
Be part of the next chapter of your Library
Toronto’s Library plays a vital role in our city by making us all more resourceful, more connected and more successful every day.
Your legacy gift will strengthen the Library’s central role in our city by bolstering early literacy, learning and skills development, workforce readiness, digital access, cultural exchange, community connections and economic development.
Your legacy gift can take many forms:
• Bequests: Make a gift to Toronto Public Library Foundation through your will.
• RRSP/RRIF Funds: Make a gift by naming the Library Foundation the beneficiary on your RRSPs or RRIPs.
• Life Insurance: Make a gift by designating the Library Foundation as the owner and beneficiary of an unneeded policy or create a new policy to make your donation.
• Appreciated Securities: Donate appreciated securities such as stocks, bonds, GICs or royalties and eliminate capital gains taxes as well as benefit from a charitable tax receipt for your gift.
• Endowments: Create an endowment in the name of a loved one or support a current endowment and your gift will benefit the Library in perpetuity.
To notify the Foundation that you have made a legacy gift call us at the number below or fill out this form and send it to the Foundation Office.
As a way of saying thank you and keeping you informed of our activities, donors who include the Toronto Public Library Foundation in their estate plans are offered membership in the Foundation’s Heritage Society.
If you would like to discuss a gift intention to the Library, the Toronto Public Library Foundation staff would be happy to review your needs and interests. We also advise you to consult a professional advisor such as an attorney, estate planner and/or accountant on how best to leave an appropriate legacy.
For more information, please contact:
Liza Fernandes, Associate Director Community and Legacy Gifts
789 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4W 2G8
Ph: (416) 397-5924; Fx: (416)397-5999;